Wednesday, July 19, 2006

12th July


Received a phone call at 3 o’ clock this afternoon. I am going to Japan on 23rd July. 10 days time. Well, nothing like a bit of notice

I already know where I am living: Shimo, Kita-Ku. My nearest station is Akabane on the Keihin Tohoku line. Have emailed Eli to ask what the area is like.


Need to get moving though. Things I need to do:

Buy a suitcase

Buy a razor - apparently I have to be clean shaven or have a beard.

Stubble is not permitted. How I’m meant to get from no beard to beard without going via stubble is unknown

Get Yen (¥ ). In Uttoxeter, this will be tricky. They have only just got the hang of decimalisation

Fill in some incredibly complex tax forms. Sample question:

“Did your non-deductable outgoings exceed your monthly VAT returns for the month of national insurance from the given date given in any given tax deductable it year from?”

Sort Certificate of Eligibility and then visa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»