Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bye Bye Pink House?

My lovely friend Jen decided to move away from the Pink House to travel but, when she then got as job as a nurse, decided to move back to Sydney.

She decided to try another hostel. She picked the Rooftop Lodge Travellers Hostel in Glebe, and asked if I wanted to come and have a look at it.

So at 10.30 we rocked up to the hostel. And do you know what - it's very nice. The rooms are closer to university accommodation, nice carpets, MDF wardrobes, en suite bathrooms, free internet in every room, free laundry and a rooftop terrace with room for about 100 people, with a view of the Harbour Bridge and 4 barbecues all regimentally lined up like tanks on a military parade. The price was roughly the same as well.

My only concerns were that, first, it's a bit out of town and second, the place appeared dead. The atmosphere in Pink House is great. The standard of living is not. So I have a decision to make. Should I stay or should I go? Could I be trading in for a better model only to discover some hidden costs? The grass is greener indeed.

So Jen is to be my little guineapig. She's going to try it out and give me some feedback. And if she likes it, I might swap. Or I might not.

No comments: