Thursday, August 03, 2006

1st August

I had a good rant yesterday, didn’t I? And thought I’d feel better this morning. Well, no, I didn’t. I actually felt a little bit worse.

But now at 22.35 pm after just getting home from work, I would say my mood has lifted by approximately 32%.

Today was OK. Had two kids’ classes. One went fine. The other not so fine.

I take it very personally when a child doesn’t pay attention. One little shit in particular looked thoroughly bored through the entire lesson, wouldn’t write in his book, and kept armpit trumping. Apparently, he very rarely does his work, and is convinced the sun shines out of his arse.

But if he isn’t interested, then why come? Piss off home and play on your Playstation.

Mummy and Daddy (both school teachers) would be better off spending their money on something else. Some kind of contraception perhaps, lest they produce another cocky, spiteful little stoat.

However, it was mainly adults today. And they were OK. They wanted to chat, and though we’re advised to teach from a textbook, I think management tends to turn a blind eye if a student requests just a chinwag. Goodness, I’m more than happy to oblige.


Experienced another great SHANE moment. In training last week, we were told that every school should be equipped with everything the Teachers’ Handbook instructs you to use in lessons.

“What happens if anything is missing?” I asked
“It should all be there: flash, cards, toys, building bricks, maps” insisted Canadian Mike

So guess what happened? Yep.

First kids’ lesson. Teachers’ Handbook said “Use the flashcards to reveal and teach ‘Yes, it is’ and ‘No it isn’t’”.

“Where are the flashcards?” I asked the receptionist.

“Oh. So sorry. Will order for next week. You need them for today’s lesson?”

“Yes....never mind”

Arse.

More kids again tomorrow, although I have already met these classes before and they seem fine. There’s one trouble maker, so we’ll see how we get on.

No comments: