Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sunday Morning





Today I had to clean the flat in preparation for my moving out. Admittedly, it was in a bit of a state as I hadn’t really had the time or inclination to clean it.

Also I had to meet Eli for a fond farewell. Today was her 30th birthday. I had already met up with her and her brother Daichi (top bloke) a few nights earlier to break the news, but this was to be the final curtain.

Predictably, I spent the majority of the day in the internet café downloading podcasts and watching episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm on YouTube when I should have been scouring my Lilliputian kitchen.

Met up with Eli at Ueno at 3.00 and went for a walk around a big lake before nipping into a café for a pineapple milkshake and a plate of chips. Never let it be said that I don’t know how to treat a lady. Form an orderly queue, girls.

I hope I see Eli again. We’re only just getting to know each other and I’m off again, whilst she’s returning to England. I shall make every effort to keep in contact.

Back at the flat I started by scooping up all the crap from my floor and, as instructed by the big signs on my bin, separated it out into burnable and non-burnable piles. The Japanese government are very keen on the environment.

What do they do with the non-burnable rubbish? Burn it.

Brilliant.

No comments: