Sunday, September 10, 2006

Top Tokyo TV Tower Trip

Here are some pictures of the Tokyo TV Tower. I've always been partial to anything skyscraperesque, and still get very excited when I am high above the ground.

Was worried that Paul, who said he had been up nearly every skyscraper and observation deck in Asia, would call a Halt On Towers (see what I did there?), but he was up for it.

So after work on Sunday (which should have been my day off) we met up in Kamiyacho and decided to make like Kenny Lynch and get Up On The Roof.

Initially, we paid ¥800 (£4) for the middle observation deck, but once there were impressed enough to pay an extra ¥600 for the top deck.

Did the right thing as well. From the top, 250m up, you can see the Rainbow Bridge stretching out over Tokyo Bay, and get a great view of Akihabara or “Electric Town”.

I have to say, it’s the best thing I’ve done in Japan so far. I did have a go at describing how good it all was, but at the time of writing (Sunday morning) the words are not coming as well as I’d hoped.

A quick look through my Microsoft Thesaurus threw up words like: amazing, great, pleasing, brilliant. And all those words are fine, but they are overused and pretty meaningless.

So, please use these words to make your own sentences: night time, million blinking lights, shimmering city, traffic, neon, landing planes, freeways, futuristic toy town.

I liked it. And I would do it again.

No comments: