Thursday, September 14, 2006

What’s In A Name?


It’s a good job I’ve got a good memory.

The list below represents about 2/3rds of my students. As you can see, I’ve got all on to not get them mixed up.

Read the list aloud as fast you can; it’s like a barmy Japanese version of Trumpton’s Pugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew....

Ikumi
Harumi (female)
Harafumi (male)
Fumiya
Yuka (2 of them)
Yuki (2 of them)
Yayoe
Yui
Yu
Yugo
Yuseke
Yusei (pissed on my floor)
Yumemi (sister of Himemi)
Yoshinori
Yoshiko
Yuriko
Mako
Eiko (receptionist)
Reiko (female – Assistant Professor of Renology at Tokyo University)
Keiko (female - 2 of them)
Keigo (male – Consultant Neurologist)
Kaito
Kyoko
Mihoko
Shoko
Sumiko
Sachiko
Akiko
Ayaka (5 of them)
Ayano (2 of them)
Ayane
Hiroshi
Hitomi
Himemi (sister of Yumemi)
Kazune (inaudible 12 year old)
Kozue
Kevin

I made the one of those up by the way.

Can you guess which one?

No comments: