I’ve been teaching kids for 2 months now. I’d had very little experience of them up until recently, but one thing I’ve realised is this: being a kid is wicked:
When I Was 7, All I Had To Worry About Was.......
* If Street Hawk was on tonight. Or Dempsey and Makepeace
* If Martin’s Newsagent would deliver my Transformers comic on time
* If I was having Waffles or Alphabites with me fishburgers for tea
* When my Dad would fit that siren to my BMX
* Where the missing card from my pack of Top Trumps was (it was under the beanbag)
* When it would next snow
* Whether this programme I wrote would work:
10 Print “I Am Skill”
20 Goto Line 10
Here Are Some Things Of Which I Was Blissfully Unaware:
* Kebab-induced diarrhoea
* Call centre hold music
* Call centres
* Delays on the Northern Line
* Staff appraisals
* Morning hangovers and ensuing mid-afternoon slump
* Mortgages/rent/stakeholder pensions/mini-cash ISAs/tracker funds
* My prostate gland
Comment leavers, I feel we haven’t scratched the surface here. Please feel free to add to these lists. The responses will form the basis of an exciting exhibition hosted in Uttoxeter Town Hall from 5th-7th October 2006.
The best response in either category might receive a thing.
Please mark your entries: When I Was 7, All I Had To Worry About Was………